Friday, December 5, 2008

WE ARE HOMEOWNERS!!


I can't believe that we own our house. Heavenly Father has truly directed us where he wants us to be. As most of you know we were building a house on Recker and Ray with KHovinanian. Well, plans changed. I was not feeling comfortable about the lack of communication that was happening between us and our sales Rep and his boss. I was fed up with it when our reps boss said that they don't tell homebuyers things because they get too overwhelmed. Well, I was a customer asking very specific things and they still would not answer my questions. So I started to do additional research on houses around and see if we were really getting the best deal. After doing some research I found that we could get a much larger house for cheeper. I started to drive the neighborhoods and call on homes. I then sent an email to our realitor to see if he could do any additional research for me. He came back with three houses. One of them was only a greatroom, you know the kind that you walk in and see the whole house, nothing is kept back. Another was right across from the high school football field. Then came our new house. It was built in 2004, granite countertops, maple cabinets, a back yard with built in bar, two car garage, and 900sq. ft. bigger!! Our thought process is that if we don't end up moving in 5 years we have a place to raise our family and be very comfortable. It is 4 bd, 2.5 bath, 2392 sq ft!! We love it. Now the person that was in it before had some interesting taste for design that we will have to change. Although, I am fond of purple and gold, being that I had it twice in my life for school colors, I don't really like it in my front living room!!! So we are busy making this house our own. We have the coolest curtains! I don't know if you could find any cooler! (Thanks mom for lending sheets. ) I've got to go but there will be more pictures to come :)

11 comments:

Brenna said...

Oh my goodness your house is beautiful! I love it! Congrats!

Brenna said...

We had a similar situation with our builder in the beginning & we went with someone else too! Way to do your research it looks awesome!

EmileeandJonny said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous! We are still looking- we finally found our dream house and offered way lower than we should have and got beat out from another offer. We are idiots! Now, we are back looking again realizing yet again why we are idiots! Our price range is way low so we are finding some real winners ;)

Dawn Davis said...

yeah for buying houses and good for you for shopping around...I wish we were that smart! I'm so sad Britton and I didn't get to see you. we'll probably be visiting sometime next year while Ryan is deployed so we'll definitely have to get together then!

lisa said...

So when is the housewarming party?! Once you get all settled in we need to break your house in!

Sheena said...

Super cute! Its so nice when you find such a good deal on a big house, that's what happened with us and I couldn't be happier. And way jealous of the built in bar!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard and Tiffany said...

Hi Alisha! Hope it's not creepy but I just decided to search for your name and found your blog. :D I'm really excited to be neighbors, it will be so nice to know someone in the ward and it won't be quite as weird when I have to come borrow eggs and stuff! Congratulations!

Brenna said...

PS e-mail me your new address brenna.castaneda at gmail

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Yay Lisha-nah! (I spelled it using "Hooked on Phonics" i.e. phonetically...ha ha) I can't wait to come see your guys place. Um... and Ryan cracks me up. Chickens, wheat grinders, gardens... I love it! Really, I don't know why it's funny... but it is. I love you guys and can't wait till we can get to see you both again!

E is for Elmes said...

So Gary & I have gone to a "private" setting on our blog. So send us an email to elmesfamily@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite!