Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and More

I'll be updating Europe more as we continue but I thought I'd let you know a little more about the holidays. Well, Ryan and I have 1 and 1/2 weeks off together! It will be so nice.

I don't know if anyone else had a difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit this year, but I found it was pretty difficult for me. I wanted to have a ton of presents for everyone, I just didn't have the desire to go shopping. I think Satan was trying to get to me this year. I'm not exactly sure why. What turned it all around was our Christmas tree. We found another Christmas tree for free this year! It was really fun. Yea for Wal-Mart closing their Christmas tree shop early so we could have our tree on the 23rd instead of the 24th. I think Heavenly Father led us there that day to change things around for me. I was out with my sister and I asked to go check at the same spot we got ours from last year and sure enough there they were! I was able to pick one up for my parents as well. They were in anticipation of another grandchild and didn't get their three up this year. So they were thrilled when we picked them up one :) I Haven't uploaded pictures yet but I'll post them when I do. I love spending Christmas with my family. I think it has been one of the best traditions we've had. I can't believe how generous both of our families were this year. I hope to remember that as the years move on.




Those of you who didn't know we have a puppy. Her name is Bridgette. She is really cute, but you didn't hear me say that! I didn't want a dog. It all happened around the time of our miscarriage and I didn't want to be known as the young couple that has a dog because we couldn't have, or didn't want kids, neither of which is true. But, she has been a lot of fun to have. I don't think I'd like her as much if she wasn't a cuddler.



She is constantly needing to be right by us. She has quite the personality now and is about the age of a 3 year old (in dog years), and man does she act it. She is constantly pushing the boundaries now. We are still struggling with distractions. She has been exposed to a lot and does very well with new people and new dogs. She just doesn't listen as well when there are distractions. We are fully confident she will get it.




This is Honey. She is a lion hunting dog by breed. I'm not going to try and spell the real name of her. Bridgette and Honey love each other! Any time we go over to their house Bridgette knows just were we are and goes nuts. It is quite commical to see them play. Bridgette can hold her own. We took Bridgette to the dog park with Bonnie, Jentry, and Honey. She did really well until more people started to come. She then was overwhelmed. She'll get there.

School has been pretty tough this year. My students have a hard time with respect. It is as if they put themselves on the same level as adults and expect to be treated that way (as an adult). It is hard to teach students respect when I don't see the results of it being reenforced elsewhere. I also currently have 31 students in my class, I know the high numbers add to the fun dynamics. I have to wake up every morning and in my prayers ask for it to be a good day. I'm living moment by moment in my class and it will be alright. Only 95 days left, it think :!

Ryan just finished his first rotation with Honeywell and is going to start his next one the second week in January. We are very excited for his 120mi commute to and from Glendale has come to an end. I can't imagine going that far every day. I only go 10mi total. I only have to deal with surface street traffic. He's been such a trooper. At his next rotation in Phoenix he will be cutting off over an hour of driving. That means he gets to come home at a more reasonable hour!!! Yea for me :)

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with a lot more later. I sure do enjoy being home! I can't tell you how much I have just wanted to be home this year. To clean my house and make dinner and to be available for more service.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I like your dog. We recently brought home Rochelle's parents Schnauzer named Griz. He is such a good dog. They just couldn't keep him in their new rental.